Friday, March 7, 2008

Thing #11

LibraryThing

Ok, well first things first, I am not a librarian. So I won't even pretend like I can compete in the volume of books category. However, I do LOVE to read and have quite a collection at home. I must say, LibraryThing is awesome. I am thinking about just adding all my books that I have at home just to keep up with them. Also, I love that you can see how many other people have that book tagged and look at other peoples lists. My sister in laws and mother in law and I all share books frequently, but we all live far apart from eachother. Sharing our LibraryThing lists and creating a group would be a great way to find books we havent read and figure out exchanging them. I love seeing how many people are on LibraryThing posting messages trying to find new good reads and the groups are fun. I love Harry Potter so I checked out some Harry Potter groups and wish I had known about them when the last book came out so I would have a fun group to discuss with as I read. As far as in class I dont know how I can use this for math...but I'll keep thinking!

1 comment:

VWB said...

I think you gave a great laundry list of uses for Library Thing for anyone personally...not everything has to work for school, but I bet you will eventually meet someone with math interests thru your reading interests in LT!