Friday, March 7, 2008

Thing #9

RSS Continued: Useful Blogs and News Feeds

I personally like the google blog search the easiest to use and one of the best ways to find feeds. However, I also have just gone to some of my favorite websites (i.e. CNN.com) and looked at the blogs some of their writers follow and or contribute to. The one thing I really liked about Technorati was being able to see the articles/blogs that are "rising" or being viewed and tagged frequently. I really didn't like the Syndic8 site. The layout of the search results was not very useful and you had to click through to each blog to even get an idea what it was like, no summaries or anything like that are available on the search results page. I found some really useful Math/Education feeds. I think my favorite is Nick's Mathematical Puzzles - it has great problems/brainteasers to use with my GT group. As far as unusual ones...well, there seems to be a blog about EVERYTHING. I am not kidding. There are some eccentric people out there blogging about everything from their latest bodily function to their cat's travels.....

No comments: