Friday, March 7, 2008

Thing # 18

Online Productivity Tools

Open Office looks interesting to me, but unfortunately I can't download and save anything to my school computer. However, I do have experience with google docs, and similar programs (specifically one offered by yahoo). I find Google Docs to be a great way to share information, and in fact use it frequently in Grad School for group projects. Its the easiest way to share documents without having to send huge emails that fill up servers with attachments. Luckily at school we have a common drive that everyone can access, so this is not necessarily a tool we would need, but if that weren't the case it would be awesome to use to share lessons.

1 comment:

VWB said...

Hopefully, the district laptop project will eliminate some of the issues you have in downloading things like Open Office...currently the problem is very different across the district...some can, some can't! Let's hope for more consistency and more "freedom"!