Friday, March 7, 2008

Thing # 16

Wikis

I was excited to get to this "thing" because I think Wikis are incredibly useful and I use them frequently. The thing I love most about Wikis is the feature that allows multiple authors to contribute. It's a great way to facilitate communication within a class and between teachers and students. I think starting a wiki on a topic and having students search for and add information is a great way to introduce a topic and have students contribute their preknowledge. Also, on a sidenote, I recently just started using a wikispace to keep up with a group from my church that meets every Sunday night at my house and its been an incredible way to efficiently disseminate information throughout the group and provide a space for discussion.

1 comment:

Boogies Monster said...

I like you idea about using a wiki to assess prior knowledge. Thanks for sharing.