Friday, March 7, 2008

Thing #8

RSS

I have heard about RSS feeds for a while, but have avoided creating one because I wasn't convinced it would make life any easier. However, after checking into my google reader account and adding some of my favorite news sources, blogs and some new math blogs I found I must say I think it's awesome! What a great way to compile a ton of information in one local place and easily skim for new information of interest. I think for school its great b/c as I add more and more education blogs I will be able to quickly get ideas and math problems from other educators around the world. I think as a librarian this would be a dream application because you could set up a reader based on a certain subject so that when students came to research you would already have several sources all feeding into one localized place that all the students can access and view. Incredible!

No comments: