Friday, March 7, 2008

Thing # 14

Technorati

Thing #9 was the first time I encountered Technorati, and now here I am again. I searched "School Library Learning 2.0" in the blog posts, tags and Blog directory. When I looked it up in Posts, i got, Surprise! a lot of posts contained in 23 things blogs! It was kind of fun actually to see that people across the US are doing this same exercise. When I performed the same search in blogs I found alot of blogs specifically related to the topic, School Library Learning 2.0. Doing the same search on del.icio.us I found mainly tutorial pdf files related to Library Learning 2.0. Exploring the popular blog searches and tags page I found that the majority of them were technology related, which makes me think that this tagging tool is mostly used by people who are very advanced in their computer/technology skill, and frequently use these simple tools, that seem less useful to me.

Overall, I can see the benefits of tagging (as I said before), but I do not think its something that I will do (at least not consistently - although I do love how tags work on Flickr!)

No comments: